Podcast: The Building BITE
Season 2 Episode 2: The Importance of Communication: From Jobsite Risk Mitigation to Navigating the C-Suite as a Woman
Please tune in to this episode of The Building BITE Podcast, as we hear from industry experts about key topics to help you be successful. The Building BITE hosts Valerie Bono and Mike Diercksen, CRIS, welcome Tricia Kagerer, CPCU, CSP, ARM, CRIS, EVP of Risk Management for Jordan Foster Construction.
In this episode, Tricia discusses the importance of communication. Communication is paramount for one’s overall success. TEDx Speaker and author of The B Words: 13 Words Every Woman Must Navigate for Success, Tricia shares how effective communication helped her advance from Jobsite Risk Mitigation to representing the 1% of women in the C-Suite for the construction industry. Listen, as Tricia takes us through her journey, beginning with her initial passion for jobsite safety.
Tricia leaves us with three takeaways regarding career advancement, explicitly targeting females who wish to defeat the odds and navigate the C-Suite one day:
- Check Your Limiting Beliefs: One of the most significant barriers to female leadership is Limiting Beliefs – the voice in our head telling us what we can and cannot accomplish. Keep an open dialogue with yourself to continually check on your internal voice as it might be presenting you with a false narrative.
- Respect Everyone’s Journey: It’s important to avoid creating an echo-chamber where all voices and views are the same. As an expert commentator for IRMI, she’s written about this concept in “Breaking the Bro Code”. Respecting the differences between you and those who surround you will foster an environment of opportunity
- Give People Opportunities to Tell Their Stories – Meaningful connections are maximized by respecting everyone’s journey. By allowing others to tell their stories and respecting the differences of their journey, your Limiting Belief will diminish. Keep an open dialogue with yourself and others as it is a crucial component to personal and professional progression.
To learn more about the importance of communication and how it can help you in your career path, listen to our full podcast episode with Tricia Kagerer, The Importance of Communication; From Jobsite Risk Mitigation to Navigating the C-Suite as a Woman.
Please like, share, and subscribe to this podcast!
- Connect with Tricia on LinkedIn
- View Tricia’s website at https://www.triciakagerer.com/
- View Jordan Foster’s website at https://jordanfosterconstruction.com/
- View The B Words: 13 Words Every Woman Must Navigate for Success
- View Breaking the Bro Code
- Email Tricia at TRICIA@TRICIAKAGERER.COM
- Connect with Valerie Bono
- Connect with Mike Diercksen